Quirky Cow Gifts (QCG) and its related companies comply with the National Privacy Principles. To that end, we offer this statement to inform our users of how we gather and utilise personal information. QCG will take all reasonable steps to protect user privacy, consistent with the National Privacy Principles.
QCG gathers personal information about our users in two different ways:
- You supply it in response to a request from us: - QCG collects personal information from users when voluntarily submitted by a user, such as participating in a contest. We request that a user be 18 years of age or older before submitting personal information and we ask minors to get permission from their parents or legal guardian before submitting personal information.
- Purchasing products or services: - If you purchase products or services or apply to become a Quirky customer, QCG requires you to provide certain details so that we can establish an account and provide you with the product or service. This includes details such as your name and contact information, or in the case of businesses, information about the company, department or association making the purchase or setting up the account. QCG requires this information to help us process and manage your account.
Quirky Cow Gifts and its related companies may use personal information collected online to develop and improve the products, benefits and services we offer to our members or website users. For example, QCG may contact users to notify them that they have won a contest or to provide a requested email newsletter.
QCG may also use its customer database, including information provided by you through this website, to distribute information about other Quirky Cow Gifts services and other organisations' services to you. QCG periodically sends new release information, coupon offers and other information to QCG membership. QCG may also disclose to its business associates certain membership information for use in marketing goods and services to our membership.
The personal information collected from you at this site is or may also be used:
- for credit verification purposes;
- for billing purposes;
- to maintain your account;
- to notify you about other or new services or promotions from time to time;
- to provide customer support;
- to provide you with the products, services or information you have requested.
Aspects of these functions may be outsourced to third parties, who are only authorised by QCG to use this information for these purposes. QCG may also disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors where permitted or required by law.
QCG’s policy is to provide you with the opportunity to limit the use and/or disclosure of your personal information. You may do this when you register via the registration page on this website, or at any time when you receive email communications from us, or at any other time by written notice to QCG. If at any time you no longer wish to receive email or postal communications from QCG or from third parties, you can contact our customer service at any time and make an 'opt out' request, as per details at the end of this Statement.
Each time you visit Quirky Cow Gifts website, anonymous navigation information is collected by our servers. This information includes:
- your server's IP address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the address of the previous site you visited;
- the website you leave our site to visit;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- the address of the pages you accessed.
This information provides QCG with statistics about how the website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency of visits and the duration of visits to each web page on the site. It does not personally identify individual users unless the user has previously elected to identify themselves by submitting personal information.
Information collected on this site may also be combined and de-identified to provide QCG with anonymous demographic and usage information. QCG can then use this aggregated information to develop new and/or more appropriate services and products to offer to customers and may also be provided to third parties.
Other than as described above, QCG will not make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our Internet Service Provider's logs.
If you wish to complain about our use of your personal information, please contact:
Quirky Cow Gifts
84 Terralong St
Kiama NSW 2533
Ph: +61 2 423 222 66